Black Currant Oil Benefits and Uses for Skin
Black currant oil and extracts can reduce the risk factors for metabolic conditions which include diabetes; both type 1 and type 2. It has its anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-toxic, antiseptic and anti-cancer characteristics.
The black currant seed oil, leaves, fruit and flowers of black currant fruit are used to make medicine that helps in the reduction of high cholesterol.
The usage of this oil has been done in traditional as well as modern civilizations due to its benefits being anti-inflammatory as well as anti-oxidant.
Black currant fruit is used to flavour liqueurs, jams, and ice-cream. The delicious berries, once known as ‘the forbidden fruit’ are now known as a powerhouse of vitamins. They are believed to carry four times more Vitamin C than oranges.
Black Currant Oil Benefits as a Skincare
- Treatment of Skin Diseases
- Prevention from Allergies
- Cracked Lips and Heals Cure
- Protection of Skin Cells from Damage
- Anti-ageing Effects and Decrease of Stretch Marks
- Treatment of Folliculitis and Dandruff[ps2id id=’skin’ target=”/]
- For Strengthening Hair
- Use for Growth of Hair
- Blackcurrant Oil also use Growth of Eyelashes
- Use for giving Thickness to Eyebrows
1. Treatment of Skin Diseases:
It is recommended by the National Psoriasis Foundation, to reduce psoriasis symptoms. The growth and development of psoriasis patches could be lowered down by the oral usage of this oil.
If one experiences dry, itchy or stinging skin, it could help ease [ps2id id=’cell’ target=”/]the pain by being applied directly to the affected skin.
A long-term skin disease eczema appears on the skin which causes itching, redness, and rashes on the skin. Mostly, it occurs in children in the first year of their life but it may occur in the life of an individual in later years too.
2. Protection of Skin Cells from Damage:
Chiltan Pure black currant oil for skin has GLAs that prevent the skin from drying and prevents it from flaking, it is also highly effective when it comes to skin conditions like atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema.
[ps2id id=’allergy’ target=”/]
Collagen production is boosted in the body which increases the elasticity in the skin. Glowing skin and stronger nails are the outcomes of its usage.
3. Prevention from Allergies:
Anti-Inflammatory actions help in the treatment of rashes that may be due to excessive rubbing or any other inflammatory skin condition.
It’s GLA (gamma-linol[ps2id id=’mark’ target=”/]enic acid), as recommended by some researchers, improves the effectiveness of the immune system which enables the ability of the immune system to fight off the disease more quickly.
The leaves of the plant also help decrease swelling, wounds or insect bites by being directly applied to the affected area. It is used for the treatment of coughs and Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Anti-ageing Effects and Decrease of Stretch Marks:
Along with boosting immunity, black currant oil for skin is also use[ps2id id=’lip’ target=”/]d for the treatment of symptoms of menopause, premenstrual syndrome. The tenderness of breast tenderness and painful periods could also be done by this oil.
It also has its anti-Ageing effects and decreases stretch marks when applied to the affected area regularly.
5. Cracked Lips and Heals Cure:
Cracked lips and heels could be treated by black currant oil due to its viscous oily properties. Gamma-linolenic acid helps in the treatment of cracked lips and heels by hydrating the skin and recovering it to a fresh and healthy one.
Black Currant Oil for Hair Benefits
For keeping the locks healthy, one could include blackcurrant fruit oil in diet and hair care routine too. The essential fatty acids like gamma-linolenic help in getting healthy hair, skin and overall health.[ps2id id=’dandruff’ target=”/]
It can be used as an excellent hair care product which also helps in regrowth of hair. As Vitamin C is a nutrient that is necessary for individuals of all ages, black currant oil has Vitamin C in it and its usage helps in the reduction of hair loss.
6. Treatment of Folliculitis and Dandruff:[ps2id id=’strength’ target=”/]
Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of black currant oil are used in the treatment of folliculitis and dandruff. Folliculitis is an inflammatory reaction to infection at the base of hair follicles and can be painful.
7. Use of Black Currant Oil in Strengthening Hair:
It is rich in gamma-linolenic acid and stearidon[ps2id id=’growth’ target=”/]ic acid, which is both known for skin, hair, and nail strengthening properties. oil and anti-oxidant properties of black currant oil for hair help in supporting Keratin, an important protein. This, in turn, gives strength and smoothness to the hair. This results in fizz free hair after washing hair.
8. Use of Black Currant Oil in the Growth of Hair:
The ricinoleic acid component of castor oil increases the circulation of blood in the scalp, balances the scalp pH and increases the growth of hair. The desire of getting Longer, Thicker, Shiny Hair with no Fizz could be achieved by its regular usage.
- Mix with Argan Oil or Jojoba Oil to get more benefits.
- You can spray oil onto your hair for easy and less messy use. For that, you may add a thinner like grapeseed oil or water to not let the nozzle clog with black currant oil for hair as it is thick in the consistency.
- Pour oil on your palm and rub your fingers on it.
- Divide the hair into two parts. Start oiling, using your fingers, from the scalp and bring your fingers down to your tips.[ps2id id=’eyelash’ target=”/]
- Even if you have long hair, don’t pour a lot of oil to your hands, as that will be messy. Always take one teaspoon of oil, use it and keep repeating it until you have it on all your hair.
- It works better on damp hair.
- Use one to two times a week.
9. Use of Blackcurrant Oil in the Growth of Eyelashes:
[ps2id id=’massage’ target=”/]
Black currant oil for eyelashes through its Ricinoleic component and anti-oxidant properties gives length to the eyelashes.
For that, you can add castor oil into an empty mascara bottle and apply it to your eyelashes. Leave it there for the whole night and you will notice an increase in the length of lashes.
10. Black Currant Oil Use in giving Thickness to Eyebrows:
By increasing growth and giving strength to the hair follicles, black currant oil for eyebrow gives you healthy eyebrows that you can then mould into any shape. Keratin strengthening also plays an important role in strengthening and thickness of eyebrows.