- They have nutrients like vitamin B6, which promotes blood flow by helping to carry oxygen through the bloodstream to cells. Vitamin B6 also promotes immune and nervous system health.
- They have plant-based compounds that act as antioxidants, including vitamin E, polyphenols and the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin. Two of these antioxidants, not found in other nuts, have been linked to a decrease in the risk of developing macular degeneration.
- They support healthy cholesterol levels. Pistachios powder have 13 grams of fat per serving, the majority of which (11.5 grams) comes from heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Pistachios to a healthy diet may help to lower levels of oxidized-LDL (bad) cholesterol. This is because of the nut’s high level of monounsaturated fat, which has been shown to reduce the levels of LDL cholesterol.
What Are The Benefits Of Pistachios?
1. May Aid Weight Loss
Pistachios powder contain fibre. Fibre intake may promote satiety and, in turn, help with weight loss. Another nutrient with similar qualities is protein, which can reduce hunger pangs.
2. Promotes Healthy Gut
Pistachios powder contain high amounts of dietary fibre that helps in strengthening the digestive system. Pistachios are good for the gut bacteria and further help in boosting good gut bacteria. Pistas powder is a great source of healthy fats, proteins, fibre and antioxidants that make them a great food for your gut.
3. May Improve Heart Health
Pistachios powder may help prevent heart ailments by increasing the levels of heart-healthy fats. They can also lower bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Pistachios lower the levels of lipoproteins, which are a risk factor for heart disease. Diets containing these nuts were also found to lower blood pressure levels. The nuts contain arginine, an amino acid. Arginine was also found to lower blood pressure.
4. May Aid Diabetes Treatment
Glucose levels were found to be lower with pistachio consumption. The nuts also increase the levels of peptide 1, a hormone that regulates glucose levels in those with diabetes.
Dietary intake of pistachio nuts can have positive effects on glycemic control, blood pressure, inflammation, and obesity in individuals with diabetes.
5. May Be Beneficial During Pregnancy And Breastfeeding
Pistachios powder offer a healthy dose of several nutrients that are important during pregnancy.
Pistachios may also benefit breastfeeding mothers due to their nutritional profile. They are also easy to be included in the diet.
6. May Combat Inflammation
The bioactive present in pistachios powder may help fight inflammation. These anti-inflammatory properties can be put to therapeutic use. Pistachios are also rich in monounsaturated fats.
7. May Improve Vision Health
Pistachios are a rich source of lutein and zeaxanthin. Lutein and zeaxanthin are found in the human retina. Consuming enough of these antioxidants prevents vision issues like age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
Pistachios powder are also rich in zinc. A deficiency of the mineral has been linked to poor night vision.
8. May Boost Cognitive Function
Pistachios, like most nuts, are good sources of vitamin E. The nutrient was found to decrease the risk of peripheral neurotoxicity.
Ripe pistachio shells were found to alleviate anxiety in rats. The nuts may also enhance cognitive performance, learning, information retention, and rapid eye movement during sleep. However, sufficient data is lacking in this regard.
Some anecdotal evidence suggests that pistachio nut oil may also fight brain inflammation and preserve the essential fatty acids in the brain.
Pistachios powder may also have a role to play in protecting brain function from the potential disruptions caused by anticancer drugs.