Olive Oil Benefits for Skin
The hydrating properties of olive oil make it perfect to be used as a moisturizer. It cleanses, hydrates, and nourishes the skin. Olive oil penetrates pores without causing clogs to make the skin healthier and brighter than ever.
The antioxidants in olive oil may help protect the body from cellular damage that can lead to a range of health conditions and diseases. Extra virgin olive oil has a bitter flavour, but it contains more antioxidants than other types, as it undergoes the least processing.
It’s interesting to hear Egyptian models confessing themselves to be taking Olive Oil baths to improve the texture of their skin. Following properties of Olive Oil make it a flawless skincare product;
- Olive Oil increases the regenerative properties of the skin, making it ideal for anti-wrinkle or anti-ageing purposes.
- Stimulates collagen and elastin fibres to give tensile strength to the skin.
- Strengthens weak skin tissues and gives new cells to the scars to bring out its anti-scarring properties.
- The hydrating property makes it a quintessential emollient that leaves the surface shiny and soft.
- Light texture and non-sticky character, leaves a smooth surface after application.