Lotus Seeds are also known as fox nuts, Euryale ferox, Gorgon Nuts and Phool Makhana. These seeds are often used in quite a few Desi/Indian sweets and savories like kheer, raita or makhana curry and are also eaten as an evening tea-time snack.
Benefits for Skin
- Contains flavonoids, saponins, polyphenols
- Toning, astringent, antioxidant
- Anti-aging, regenerative
- Fights bumps and skin spots
- Beneficial for problem skin
- Improves the appearance of the skin
- Leaves skin smooth
- Gives a natural glow to the complexion
- Healthy hair growth
Lotus Seeds contain an anti-aging enzyme, L-isoaspartyl methyl transferase which is believed to repair damaged skin cells and helps to slow down aging process.
Makhana has been proven to have rich medical properties but also rich of Kaempferol which is a well-known anti-aging property. Moreover, one of the very unique properties of foxnut is that they contain anti-oxidants and collagen for your skin.
Lotus Seeds for Acne
- Take some lotus seeds and roast it in pan over low flame.
- After cool down, grind it with grinder into fine powder.
- Take 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon of lotus seeds powder and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on your acne prone area for 5 to 7 minutes.
- wash out with normal temperature water.
- Do this remedy for alternative day for 1 week and see the amazing result. Your acne, pimple is completely gone.
Lotus seeds for wrinkles
- First of all, you need to take foxnut in a bowl. Add half glass of milk in it.
- Let it be in milk for 2-3 hours so it will get soft. It is because, these seed are quite hard to begin with.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in it.
- Now put it in a grinding with 2-3 tablespoon of milk. Do not add all the milk with it.
- Now grind the mixture and you will get a thick paste like consistency.
- Your anti- wrinkles mask is ready for use.
How to Use
- Apply the thin layer of the paste on face wrinkels, neck wrinkles prone skin and gently massage with curculer motion.
- Keep it on face, around lip and eye area for 10-15 minutes.
- It will also give exfoliation to your skin leaving it smooth and soft.
- Remember, always be gently with your skin. Do not massage with hard pressure on skin. It can make sensitive and red.
- Using this mask at night, before bedtime for better result. You can use it once in a week.
- It helps to slow down aging process and face up all wrinkles.
Prevent Skin Inflammation
Are you dreaming of having a glowing skin? Consuming foods which is rich of antioxidants is the easiest way and Phool Makhana is the powerful source of antioxidant.
Makhana is very rich of flavonoids, a natural chemical that could help reducing the risk and skin inflammation.
- Take honey and foxnut powder in 1:1 ratio, and mix well.
- And apply on your skin for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Then gently wash out with cold water.
- This will repair your damaged skin and make a natural glow on your face.
- Do this remedy at day time only. This will reduce the risk of skin inflammation.
Lotus Seeds for Hair Growth
Rejuvenating respiratory system is one of the health benefits of foxnut. It is good for Respiratory system, for Skin and Hair.
Hair is a fast-growing tissue, and what you eat can make a big difference on how your hair grows. For healthy hair growth a variety of nutrients are required including vitamins A, C, E, B5, B6 and B12 even though you can spend lots of money on hair care products.
The best way to prevent hair loss and improve your hair’s appearance is to keep a close eye on what you eat. Foxnut is a best option. It contains a good amount of nutrients and antioxidants and good source of vitamin B, C and E, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids, that are required for healthy hair growth.