Balchar Jatamansi Powder - Promotes Hair Growth, Treats Epilepsy & Cures Skin Infection
Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) Powder is referred to as 'Spikenard' in English, 'Jata' means dreadlocks, and 'Mansi' means human. It is an endangered ayurvedic herb used to cure neuro-psychiatric and skin diseases. It is a flowering plant with pink flowers that grows in India, Nepal, and China's Himalayas. It is used as a memory enhancer with calming and relaxing properties. It is available in the root, oil, and powder forms.
Health Benefits of Jatamansi Powder
Promotes Hair GrowthJatamansi Powder has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties that prevent hair fall, dandruff, and other microbial growth in your hair. This helps promote hair growth and makes your hair smoother, shinier, and silkier. You can mix Jatamansi Powder in any carrier oil that you can apply to your scalp and leave it overnight for best results. Wash your hair thoroughly with warm water the next morning.
Enhances MemoryJatamansi Powder is used as a memory enhancer because it enhances the faculties of the mind and provides a sense of relaxation to your brain. It is used as an ayurvedic medicine to treat various ailments in the nervous system.
Treats EpilepsyJatamansi powder is known for its miraculous benefits in curing various nervous system ailments. It helps cure stress, spasms, convulsions, hysteria, and Epilepsy.
Lowers Blood PressureJatamansi powder lowers blood pressure and helps prevent clotting of blood. It improves blood circulation in your system and removes toxins that can cause cardiovascular diseases. You can add Jatamansi powder to your smoothie or gulp it down with warm water in your breakfast or before going to bed.
Stress BusterJatamansi powder balances biochemical reactions in the body, reducing anxiety, stress, and tension. It is also a mind rejuvenator tonic for those suffering from mental diseases like depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, etc.
Cures Skin InfectionIt can cure a burning sensation on your skin caused due to various skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, etc. You can mix Jatamansi powder in cold water and apply it to affected areas of your skin.
Uses of Jatamansi PowderAn herbal ingredient that is often used for varied purposes, Jatamansi Powder is also used for its
Anti-inflammatory and Anti-fungal propertiesJatamansi powder has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties and is often an effective cure for skin infection.
Anti-depressant propertiesEffective in reducing anxiety and stress-inducing hormones, Jatamansi is quite helpful in improving the levels of Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) in the brain and can act as an anti-depressant.
Memory enhancer propertiesHelping to improve memory by facilitating cholinergic transmission in your brain. Jatamansi powder helps boost memory and learning power.
Anti-epileptic propertiesConsumption of Jatamansi increases Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) level in the brain. This further helps in reducing and eventually diminishing the risk of seizures.
Anti-microbial propertiesJatamansi is said to possess anti-microbial properties and is an effective remedy to curb the growth of harmful microbes that can cause various skin irritations and other severe health issues.
Other uses of Jatamansi
- It is used to impart black color to hair and prevents greying of hair. Its medicated oil with almonds is highly useful for smooth and silky hair.
- It is beneficial for hyperactive children and helps to reduce hyperactivity, restlessness, and aggressiveness.
- It has anti-inflammatory, carminative, and aromatic properties, making it useful in medicine.
- It has hepatoprotective characteristics, thus useful in hepatitis, preventing liver enlargement and jaundice.
- The oil helps relax and calm the body and mind, thereby relieving headaches and migraines.
- Its underground stem is used in the preparation of powerful aromatic essential oil.
- The plant's root is used in making oil to treat insomnia and birth-related problems.
- It is used as analgesic and diuretic in Unani.
- They are used for making perfumes and dies.
- The root of the powder is used to treat intestinal worms.