ChiltanPure Kojic Cream
Kojic cream is sometimes used in health and beauty products to lighten the skin. It may be used to treat skin conditions, such as sun damage, scars, and age spots. The science behind how kojic acid works as a lightening agent involves its effect on melanin production. Melanin is a naturally occurring pigment in the body that gives the eyes, hair, and skin their colour. An amino acid called tyrosine is needed to support the production of melanin.
Kojic cream works by blocking tyrosine from forming, which then prevents melanin production. Decreased melanin production may have a lightening effect on the skin. Kojic acid is most commonly used in cosmetic products, such as creams, lotions, and serums.
The benefits of using products containing kojic acid may include the following:
- Anti-aging effect: Products containing kojic acid may lighten the skin, which can improve the appearance of age spots and sun damage. The reduction of dark spots can have an anti-aging effect.
- Treat melasma: Kojic acid may also be helpful in decreasing melasma, which is darkening of the skin due to pregnancy.
- Decrease the appearance of scars: Kojic acid may also reduce the discoloration of scars. Although the acid does not improve the thickness of scar tissue, it may reduce dark pigmentation associated with certain types of scars. Lightening the scar may make it less noticeable.
- Antifungal benefits: Kojic acid is also thought to have some antifungal benefits. It may be helpful in preventing and treating certain fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot and yeast infections.
- Antibacterial effects: Kojic acid may also provide antibacterial benefits. It may help decrease the chances of developing common types of bacterial skin infections.
Kojic cream may be helpful for people who have dark spots on their skin due to sun damage, aging, or scars. Some people with certain skin conditions or allergies may be advised not to use kojic acid, however. It is always best to talk to a dermatologist to make sure using products containing kojic acid is safe. A dermatologist can also provide recommendations on specific products, including the frequency of use and the concentration strength. Some people may see results after a few weeks, although it may take longer in certain situations.
Note: Ask your dermatologist before use of kojic serum.