Surprising benefits of lotus seed (Phool Makhani)
Lotus Seeds are also known as fox nuts, Euryale ferox, Gorgon Nuts and Phool Makhana. These seeds are often used in quite a few Desi/Indian sweets and savories like kheer, raita or makhana curry and are also eaten as an evening tea-time snack.
Benefits for Skin
- Contains flavonoids, saponins, polyphenols
- Toning, astringent, antioxidant
- Anti-aging, regenerative
- Fights bumps and skin spots
- Beneficial for problem skin
- Improves the appearance of the skin
- Leaves skin smooth
- Gives a natural glow to the complexion
- Healthy hair growth
Lotus Seeds for Acne
- Take some lotus seeds and roast it in pan over low flame.
- After cool down, grind it with grinder into fine powder.
- Take 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon of lotus seeds powder and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on your acne prone area for 5 to 7 minutes.
- wash out with normal temperature water.
- Do this remedy for alternative day for 1 week and see the amazing result. Your acne, pimple is completely gone.
Lotus seeds for wrinkles
- First of all, you need to take foxnut in a bowl. Add half glass of milk in it.
- Let it be in milk for 2-3 hours so it will get soft. It is because, these seed are quite hard to begin with.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in it.
- Now put it in a grinding with 2-3 tablespoon of milk. Do not add all the milk with it.
- Now grind the mixture and you will get a thick paste like consistency.
- Your anti- wrinkles mask is ready for use.
How to Use
- Apply the thin layer of the paste on face wrinkels, neck wrinkles prone skin and gently massage with curculer motion.
- Keep it on face, around lip and eye area for 10-15 minutes.
- It will also give exfoliation to your skin leaving it smooth and soft.
- Remember, always be gently with your skin. Do not massage with hard pressure on skin. It can make sensitive and red.
- Using this mask at night, before bedtime for better result. You can use it once in a week.
- It helps to slow down aging process and face up all wrinkles.
Prevent Skin InflammationAre you dreaming of having a glowing skin? Consuming foods which is rich of antioxidants is the easiest way and Phool Makhana is the powerful source of antioxidant. Makhana is very rich of flavonoids, a natural chemical that could help reducing the risk and skin inflammation.
- Take honey and foxnut powder in 1:1 ratio, and mix well.
- And apply on your skin for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Then gently wash out with cold water.
- This will repair your damaged skin and make a natural glow on your face.
- Do this remedy at day time only. This will reduce the risk of skin inflammation.